CONDITIONS OF BOOKING AND HIRE
It is agreed that Lymm Parish Council (LPC):
- Grants the Hirer a non-exclusive licence to occupy and use the premises during the period(s) and for the purposes stated on the booking form.
- Reserves the right to charge for room hire outside the booked times. If the hirer enters the premises before their scheduled time and/or stays beyond their allotted time for longer than 15 minutes, we may charge for a further hour plus an administration fee of £25.00.
- Cannot be held responsible for articles left on the premises or vehicles in the car park.
- Reserves the right to refuse a booking or to cancel a booking where it is considered that a Hirer is not meeting the conditions of hire, or the event is not appropriate for the village hall.
- Reserves the right to close the hall if there are safety concerns relating to a virus, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.
- Reserves the right to cancel a booking if the hall is needed as a polling station, emergency shelter, is out of use for essential repairs or similar, or any other unforeseen circumstances, whereupon the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of monies paid.
- Will only be liable for the hire fee and will not accept claims for consequential loss if the hall becomes unfit or unavailable in the event of essential cancellation by LPC after a booking has been confirmed.
- Reserves the right to enter the premises at any time.
- Will meet its health and safety obligations.
- Provides a first aid kit which is situated in the signed kitchen cupboard and cleaning materials for regularly touched surfaces.
- Provides fire safety information to hall users in advance of first use.
- Invoices for the hire fees monthly in arrears.
It is agreed that the Hirer shall:
- Read, sign and observe the terms of the agreement.
- Consider any Planning and Licensing restrictions pertaining to the premises, observing licensing requirements where agreed with LPC. Any penalty incurred by a breach shall be met by the Hirer within fourteen days of the penalty incurred.
- Agree to take responsibility for any damages to the building, furniture and equipment, and loss of access key card and store room key. A deposit of £50 is payable to Lymm Parish Council to secure the regular booking which will be refundable upon cessation of the agreement where no damage or loss has occurred as outlined above. The Hirer will be expected to indemnify LPC for additional costs incurred as a result of hirer damage.
- If less than 14 days notice of cancellation is given by the Hirer then they shall be responsible for 25% of the agreed fee.
- Provide valid copies of Public Liability Insurance and risk assessment documents in advance of an event upon request by LPC.
- Arrange collection or delivery of the key card to gain access to the hall.
- PAT test electrical equipment which is to be used on the premises in accordance with current legislation (this can be done by KVA NorthWest Ltd).
On the day
- Not enter the premises until your booking officially starts with the setting up time you have booked. There may be other hirers or cleaning staff in the building before your booking commences.
- Attend the hall in person at each event. If the Hirer cannot be present a nominated person must sign and accept these conditions prior to standing in.
- Read the emergency information on the village hall notice board.
- Familiarise themselves with the location of the fire alarm, exits and fire safety equipment before any event commences.
- Clean door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, chair frames (not upholstery), toilet handles and seats, wash basins and all surfaces likely to be touched during your period of hire before other members of your group or organisation arrive. (Please take care cleaning electrical switches and equipment. Use cloths – do not spray.)
- Keep the premises clean through regular cleaning of surfaces during your hire, paying particular attention to wash hand basins and kitchen sinks, using either the products supplied (which will be in a clearly accessible location) or your own ordinary domestic products.
- Keep the premises well ventilated throughout the hire. The hirer is responsible for ensuring any doors and windows are all securely closed on leaving.
- Keep a record of the date and time your session started and the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event.
- If food and drinks are prepared in the kitchen, the Hirer will be responsible for ensuring that all crockery and cutlery is loaded and washed through the dishwasher. Tablets are provided and instructions are on the front of the machine.
- Not attach any items or pictures to the walls of the hall.
- Report immediately any damages to the premises or its contents to LPC.
- Ensure that users of the premises behave in a reasonable manner and cause no inconvenience or disruption to others. Activities provided should be competently and adequately supervised.
- Encourage those attending your activity or event to use the hand sanitiser supplied when entering and leaving the building.
- Store goods or equipment in the designated place only with prior agreement of LPC and at the Hirer’s own risk.
- Not carry out any illegal, objectionable or high-risk activities in the hall which may compromise the hall insurances, public health regulations or cause a nuisance.
- Not sublet the premises.
- Ensure that all passageways and fire exits are kept clear at all times.
- Not bring alcohol into the building except by the express and written permission of LPC. Where a charge is made for alcohol, this shall be under the terms of a licence granted by Warrington Borough Council.
- Not bring bottled gas or other accelerants into the premises.
- Only provide a performance of amplified recorded music with prior consent of LPC under the terms of the premises licence with PPL/PRS music licence where required.
- Not provide a performance of amplified live music without written consent of LPC.
- Not permit smoking in any part of the building.
- Not use glitter bombs or party poppers.
- Not discharge any air rifles, pellet guns or use any other weapons within or around the hall.
- Not erect bouncy castles without prior written consent of LPC.
- Ensure that vehicles parked in the public car park are within designated bays and parked in accordance with the terms and conditions displayed by Warrington Borough Council parking services.
- Report any accidents in the accident book which is stored in the signed first aid cupboard in the kitchen and advise LPC immediately or as soon as possible of any serious incidents or accidents that have occurred.
- Report any problems with the premises which may cause immediate risk to hall users to LPC.
- In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms the Hirer should terminate the event, evacuate the hall immediately and inform the hall administrator, Wendy Booth on 07584 286378.
- The Hirer will ensure that any equipment provided is cleaned before use.
After the session
- Leave all used areas and kitchen appliances (including the cooker and oven) in a clean and tidy condition, wiping surfaces, sweeping and mopping the floor areas as necessary.
- Ensure all taps, lights and electrical items are turned off.
- Return heating controller or radiator thermostats (if adjusted) to the setting as found before leaving the premises.
- Clean all tables and chair frames when finished. Collapse any tables and return chairs and tables to the store room.
- Remove all belongings from the building unless otherwise arranged for storage.
- Place all full rubbish bags in the red trade bin outside for collection. A removal fee of £40 will be charged for rubbish left in the building. Rubbish bags left next to the bins is classed as fly tipping and is punishable by fine.
- Clean all regularly touched surfaces again prior to exit.
- Leave the premises at the agreed time. There may be further bookings after yours.
- Ensure that everyone has left the building and the premises are secured.
- Pay LPC the agreed fee upon receipt of invoice in accordance with the arrangements made at the time of booking.
Upon termination of the agreement
- Return the card key (and store room key if applicable) through the letter box on the black door to the left-hand side of the building (just inside the recess) within 7 days.
Lymm Parish Council will return your deposit or contact you with any queries regarding damage or lost key cards within a calendar month.