VACANCY FOR ENVIRONMENT WARDEN (PART-TIME)
AVERAGE OF 15 HOURS A WEEK – NORMALLY WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS
SALARY: SUBJECT TO EXPERIENCE AND RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS
Applications are invited for the position of Environment Warden for Lymm Parish Council.
Lymm Parish Council is looking for a person who will assist the Environment Manager in continuing to provide a high quality service to the people of Lymm.
The job is to enhance the look of the parish and to ensure that footpaths and open spaces are reasonably free from litter, weeds and hazards.
The successful candidate will work with in the parish area of Lymm.
Further details on the position can be found at www.lymmparishcouncil.gov.uk or by emailing the Clerk: email@example.com for an application pack.
For an informal chat please call Amanda Riley on 07585 952445.
Please apply with a cv and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to:
Amanda Riley, Clerk to the Council, Village Hall, Pepper Street, Lymm, WA13 0JB
This post will remain open until a candidate is appointed.
This job description sets out the duties and responsibilities of your employment with Lymm Parish Council and will replace in their entirety all existing job descriptions, agreements and arrangements whether in writing or otherwise.
|JOB TITLE:||Environment Warden|
|DATE OF ISSUE OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION:|
|LINE MANAGER:||Environment Manager|
|HOURS OF WORK:||Wednesday and Thursdays
15 hours a week
|PAY:||In accordance with experience and qualifications|
The aim of the job is to enhance the look of the parish and ensure that footpaths and open spaces are reasonably free from litter, weeds and hazards. Issues of concern should be reported to the Clerk or Environment Manager as soon as possible.
Your duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- a) To maintain outdoor areas in the parish, keeping them reasonably free from litter, paying particular attention to places where litter accumulates, e.g. at bus stops, wayside seats and shops as directed by the Environment Manager.
- b) To undertake maintenance of footpaths, clearing overhanging growth, grass and weeds as appropriate.
- c) To empty litter bins in the parish as directed by the Environment Manager.
- d) To undertake works of repair and maintenance to Parish Council property (and such other property as may be identified and agreed by the Clerk or Environment Manager).
- e) To report any matters which require attention.
- f) To maintain in good and safe condition all equipment provided by the Parish Council for your use.
- g) To be responsible for the safe use of Parish Council equipment and to ensure the health and safety of yourself and any others who may be affected by your work.
- To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature and responsibilities of the post.
Environment Warden – Person Specification
|Educational Qualifications||Good general education|
|Work Experience||Experience of dealing with the public
|Previous local government experience|
|Skills/Knowledge and Aptitude||Effective outdoor worker
Practical skills in maintaining and cleaning
|Knowledge of Lymm
Full Driving Licence
|Motivation||Self reliant and self motivated||Willing to act as the Council’s representative
Willing to undertake training
|Personal Skills||Professional manner and approach at all times
Able to work as part of a team
Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
|Other||Able to work flexibly as required|